Mental Health First Aid Accredited Course
The Local Government Authorised Persons Association (APA) in conjunction with Frontline Mental Health is running a 2-day Mental Health First Aid nationally accredited course.
The APA recognises how mentally challenging our industry is becoming and as stated at the conference we are keen to partner with Frontline Mental Health to offer more training for our members, especially considering they specialise with frontline workers.
Being able to offer support through positive conversations and encouragement is an essential element of promoting good mental health in the workplace.
This accredited 2-day workshop equips you with the necessary knowledge and tools to provide support.
All participants will complete the two days training with a national accreditation as a Mental Health First Aider that is valid for 3 years and can be recognised on their employee profile within their organisation.
Included with the course is a mandatory Mental Health First Aid manual from Mental Health First Aid Australia.
In this 2-day workshop, participants will learn:
- A broad understanding of mental health challenges.
- Recognising signs and symptoms of mental health concerns in themselves and others.
- How to respond to another adult experiencing a mental health challenge.
- When to ask for extra help in supporting a colleague.
- What to do in a crisis situation.
Benefits for Participants:
- Improved mental health awareness and self-understanding.
- Enhanced capacity to identify and address mental health challenges in themselves and others.
- Confidence to recognise a mental health challenge and offer support to colleagues.
- Increased sense of belonging in the workplace.
Benefits for organisation:
- A work environment that promotes good mental health.
- Reduced stigma surrounding mental health in the workplace.
- Support provided to employees resulting in less absenteeism
- A healthier team who are involved in supporting each other.
Day 1 - Thursday the 14th of December 2023
Day 2 - Friday the 15th of December 2023
Financial APA Members - $150
Non-financial APA Members - $200
You can become a member via this link: https://www.lgapa.com.au/Membership
Mental Health First Aid | Frontline Mental Health (frontlinemh.com.au)
Limited spaces, so get in quick.
For more information contact Troy Martin email@example.com